Princess Royal Mine (operated by Princess Royal Mining Co.) began operating on the site in 1845; following this, the land was sold as a sheep station, which means that Princess Royal Station dates back to 1864, having had only a few owners.
The Rowe family has occupied the (roughly) 20,000 acre station since 2000. From the time of this occupancy, the station grew into a large business, operating across approximately 100,000 acres which surround Burra, along with property in the Flinders Rangers.
Princess Royal's services include; cereal crops and livestock feed, beef cattle, lamb, organic red wine and a carob orchard, sheep artificial insemination services and a small transport operation.
Bob Rowe’s biography “The Great Cattle Trader” by Nigel Austin is now available! Bob was a pioneer in the South Australian beef industry. The book gives a snapshot into the life of Bob, his experiences, determination and endeavours.